- Understand, research, and resolve internal and external application and systems issues of moderate difficulty. Independently learn and investigate customer’s high value problem (HVP), systematic bug or systematic software failures.
- Create, test, and verify installation/upgrade instructions for Applied Materials’ product releases.
- Participates in product design, testing and documentation reviews as appropriate. Participate in user conferences.
- Provide off-hours customer support via pager and cellular telephone as scheduled. Provide telephone coverage as scheduled.
- Attend AMAT classes in designated product line and external classes for third-party software.
- Provide on-going training to customers and customer engineers (CE) for technical products and systems issues.
- Provide assistance in analysis of customer OS performance, integration and database management issues. Deliver updates and reports to managers, partners and peers.
- Assist in training junior level engineers in departmental procedures, corporate procedures, and detailed product operation.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Company: Applied Materials