The Red Hat Global Learning Services team is looking for a Systems Design Engineer with Python experience to join our Learning Platform team within the Core Services organization in Bangalore, India. In this role, you’ll join a team that is responsible for building and maintaining the platforms for Red Hat Learning Subscription, Red Hat Academy, and supporting the delivery of virtual and live training. You’ll join the team at an exciting time with a lot of opportunities to make an impact on the architecture: we’re working on migrating from Python 2 to 3 and establishing continuous delivery processes. You will be a part of a distributed team and work on your own and in tight collaboration and regular communication with other team members.
Primary job responsibilities
- Participate in development and maintenance of the API codebase
- Improve the current build systems and testing frameworks
- Naturally perform and promote good development practices like code review and writing tests
- Collaborate with the engineering, product management teams
- Communicate dates, deliverables, etc.
- Software development experience including Python
- Demonstrated experience in architecture, system design
- Integration experience
- Experience with web-based applications, preferably through a REST API
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Linux container technologies (Docker) and Linux systems administration
- Experience with GitHub, GitLab, or other collaborative code forges
- Excellent communication skills
The following will be considered a plus
- OpenShift administration skills
- Experience with Ansible
Company: Red Hat
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.