- Advertisement -
This position is for the TAC (Technical Assistance Centre) of Juniper for their Juniper M/T/Mx/PTX/ACX series products support.
Level 2 and Product Escalation support
Individual Contributor Role
- Support Juniper M/T/Mx/PTX/ACX series products, working directly with our customers and partners.
- Work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and partners. Be an escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization.
- Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
- Manage and own critical customer escalations. Facilitate, own and document communication among customers, escalation, and engineering.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business.
- Take ownership for problem resolution, problem reproduction and escalation.
- Be a fast learner and keep pace with newer technologies
- Participate in cross functional tasks such as new product development projects, create Knowledge Base and Whitepapers.
- Help improve processes and tools.
- Requires B.E. in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science with 2- 5 years of experience supporting/Designing/implementing IP networks.
- Candidates who have extensively worked on Troubleshooting, implementation and support of large IP networks.
Excellent Customer handling and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Advertisement -
Thorough understanding (Packet level) of –
- IP Packet flow, OSI layers
- Layer 3 – IP and related technologies (ICMP, TCP, IPSec, GRE, QoS, VRRP)
- IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS , RIP)
- Layer 2 technologies (Ethernet, 802.1q/p VLAN, STP, RSTP, ARP, PPP, MLPPP, LACP)
- Understanding/Exposure/Expertise in one or more areas –
- MPLS, VPLS, L2 and L3 VPN
- MPLS Traffic Engineering, LDP, RSVP
- Multicast technologies NG-MVPN, PIM
- Perl/Unix/Expect scripting
- 5+ years’ experience on Troubleshooting, implementation and support of large IP networks (preferably Service Provider).
- Experience in directly interacting with customers (globally) highly desired
Platform Knowledge: Juniper (routers, switches), Cisco, Nortel, Huawei, traffic generators (Ixia, Agilent)/ traffic simulators, protocol analyzers, testers etc (not all are required but some of these are good to have).
Preferred Certifications – CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, JNCIS-M, JNCIP-M, JNCIE-M, CCIE-SP
Company: Juniper Networks
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.