As a Training Engineer, one will prepare and deliver MathWorks product training courses to customers and enable them to be successful in solving present and future engineering problems. Training courses may be off-the-shelf offerings or may require some customization to address customer educational, industry, and application requirements. Primary areas of instruction include modeling and simulation of signal processing algorithms, FPGA design, and implementation.
- Delivering courses on MathWorks products with the aim of ensuring successful customer adoption
- Working with customers to gather requirements and developing customized curricula for a variety of technical fields
- Providing feedback through reports and systems to our development and sales organizations based on classroom observations
- Identifying and implementing classroom delivery improvements based on student evaluations
- Providing feedback and assistance in the creation or update of course material
- Staying current on new product features and messaging to include in the delivery of courses
A bachelor’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS/Ph.D. in Engineering with a focus in Electrical, Electronics, and Communication Engineering
- Passion for Teaching
- Demonstrated ability to perform computational analysis, modeling, and simulation tasks
- Strong background in digital signal processing, and FPGA design and implementation
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink or similar products as applied to engineering problems
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to travel 2 weeks per month