- Advertisement -
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
- Design, simulation, development, implementation, verification and validation of power electronics based systems & components used in downhole logging applications where the systems must withstand harsh environments and exhibit high reliability
- Development of common AC/DC and DC/DC converter topologies & DC/AC 3-phase inverters to drive BLDC motors
- Knowledge of complete power electronics converter systems including active/passive component selection, input/output filter design, compensation circuit design, gate driver circuits, etc. for power rating of up to 10s of KW and under 5KV
- Experience in design and specification of power electronic magnetics and BLDC motors
- Understanding of various motor control methods such as Field Oriented/Trapezoidal schemes and its impact on the hardware design
- Keen understanding of wide-bandgap power semiconductor devices, in particular their high-temperature characteristics and thermal management
- PCB design and layout, in particular for high power switching
- Troubleshooting of power electronics and proficiency in using lab equipment
- Working knowledge in commonly used circuit simulators (LTSPICE, PSPICE, etc.) and math tools (Matlab, MathCAD, etc.)
- Functional and qualification testing of the designed boards and sub-assemblies. May involve Hardware-in-the-loop testing of actual systems with dynamometers, etc.
- Working on several tasks in parallel on highly complicated projects in large team settings.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or similar discipline and a minimum of two years related experience are required for the position. A master’s degree or PhD in electrical engineering with emphasis on power electronics and license/charter as a Professional Engineer are preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
- Higher positions may be considered for more qualified candidates.