The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
What You’ll Do
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward tohire Senior Technicianin Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Requirement of this position is to perform testing and provide assistance to engineering personnel to setup, install and on-time completion of accurate product testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the product engineering function at Mobility Group engineering divisions globally.
- The position requires to:
- Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Power electronic product testing i.e., Preferably inverter, DC-DC converters, PDU will be added advantage.
- Complete test requests according to specified test requests with minimal down time
- Implementation of corrective action to test setups as required by established lab procedures or test requests, or when performance falls below acceptable limits.
- Communicate test programs with test lab peers appropriately to clarify status of testing and the observation of results for ongoing tests.
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within product group and with other groups to complete test projects with a high degree of quality and efficiency.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose.
- Diploma in Electrical/electonic Engineering with 2-5 years of experience with relevant hands-on experience in electric parts Testing and exposure to high voltage test environment
- Report assembly issues related to test components & test equipment to peers in the lab in a timely manner.
- Observe and inform elementary product and test problems to seniors in the lab for corrective actions as necessary to ensure continuous testing.
- Understanding of components of data acquisition systems, chardware and software that are being used for testing and report any deviations.
- Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues.
- Reading and understanding fixture drawings and/or product drawings to address assembly & inspection issues during testing.
- Follow safety and 5S practices to maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Ensure timely support for TPM activities in line to the established schedule to minimize down time.
- Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer.
- Understanding about power supplies, oscilloscopes, probes,loads and measuring equipments required for testing.
- Understanding about sensors, basis data analysis and setup/report preparation.
- Should be aware of risk/precautions while working with high voltage products.
- Worked in lab environment preferred.
- Awareness and experience in following Safety & Quality Management Practices
- Experience in supporting TPM for R&D lab test equipment machinery and experience in ISO 9001:2008, IATF standards, deployment to meet quality objectives preferred.