The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
You will be working as Tendering & Technical Sales Support Specialist, reporting to Sales Support Specialist for Electrification Business Area for Smart Power Division based in Bangalore. In this role you will be responsible for creating and completing bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness and margins for the Company. Maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers that are present in area of responsibility. Participate in the execution of small to medium projects and ensure that all related activities are executed in accordance with company procedures, contract specifications, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, cost/ profitability targets, and scheduling targets.
- Formulate competitive bids/estimates/quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensure tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Manage the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable technology and product type(s)), financial (e.g. total price sheet, cash flow analysis) and if necessary, project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid/ estimate/ quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
- Collect and archives documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process.
- Review the customer provided documentation, identifies potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provide information/ participates/conducts the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy.
- Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
- With the support of sales/product marketing teams, identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials (both ABB and 3rd party) required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
- Define, jointly with the Sales Support Manager all project plan documents including scope and financial plans; project schedule; risk management plans.
- Support the project execution. Effectively monitors and controls project progress.
- Overseeing project invoicing status, cost and expenses. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages risk. Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed.
- Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Prepare project review documentation according to local procedures. Participates in the review process on monthly basis or other as required.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in switchgear industry.
- Strong experience in Tendering and bidding
- Keen interest in power electronic based Power Conditioning technologies which can be applied to wide range of industries such as Data Centers and telecommunications. Products may include Active Voltage Conditioners, UPS, Static Frequency Converters.
- Knowledge of SAP platform.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications: Word; Excel; Power Point.