The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Enterprise Mobile Computing (EMC) division in Zebra is responsible in creating world class product in Mobile computers space which is widely used across the globe in all verticals like Retail, Logistic, Warehouse, Healthcare etc., Our Connectivity group within EMC division primarily focus on conceiving and enhancing the WLAN features, work on latest technologies like Wi-Fi6, Wi-Fi6e and provide solution for enterprise segment, which enable in tangible impact in driving success factors and wow experience for our customers and end-users.
We all proudly live by virtues of Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation, Agility, and Integrity which are the core values of Zebra Technologies.
- Analyzes, develops, designs, and maintains software for the organization’s products and systems.
- Performs system integration of software and hardware to maintain throughput and program consistency.
- Develops, validates, and unit tests and user documentation. Work may be reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
- Establishing requirements for less complex design projects
- Work on Completing all phases of Software engineering design projects
- Works on analysis of processes and delivers results to necessary stakeholders
- Works on developing expected results on a variety of products
- Reviews changes or upgrades to existing designs or test
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions on assignments.
As a member of the team, you are required to play an integral part in this cross-functional effort and generate valuable impact by implementing feature value adds for the WLAN features generating a significant different in terms of performance for the customer generating meaningful insights, foresights and recommendations.
You will work very closely with engineering, product, and services team to ensure that the WLAN features are ingrained into various product and service offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Electronics, and communication Engineering or similar.
- 4+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and managing 802.11 Enterprise WLAN solutions with proven track record as an Individual contributor.
- Proven experience of wireless protocols and excellent knowledge of IEEE 802.11 WLAN protocol and standards (802.11a, b, g, n, ac, k, v, r).
- Experience in network protocol stack design and Android networking software components. (e.g. DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, Socket Programming, Routing concept, Subnet Concept etc.)
- Exposure to development and debugging tools including (Omni peek, Wireshark, Klocwork)
- Experience on WLAN device driver and development skills for Qualcomm, Broadcom, Marvel or MediaTek Wi-Fi stack or same level of experience with driver development, kernel development exp, Linux development
- Strong expertise in at least one programming language (C, C++, Java) along with working knowledge in Android Operating system.
- Thorough understanding of wired and wireless security, including 802.11ax
- Sound knowledge of software engineering and quality processes, methodologies, tools.
- Knowledge of Enterprise product development specifically with prior experience in Wi-Fi protocols and standards.
- Good understanding of RF behaviors and characteristics as they relate to WLAN RF design.
- Planning, execution skills on full life cycle model development and deployments
- Self-motivated and self-starter with high degree of work ethic with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, high-energy environment that requires multi-tasking capabilities and implement high priority initiative.
- Experience with Wi-Fi 802.11 principles and functionality, must be able to speak on topics including Wi-Fi roaming logic, security protocols (WPA, WPA2..), etc.