This integration of Alexa with the Arduino IoT Cloud enables interactive communication with customisable user-interface
With the launch of the Arduino Alexa Skill, now you can easily and securely integrate Alexa into your Arduino IoT Cloud for enabling voice-controlled projects, be it to regulate the room temperature, check the coffee machine or monitor the watering of plants. And that too without any additional coding.
Using Alexa is quite simple. Just ask and Alexa will instantly respond.
Some of the other things you can do with voice-enabled commands:
- Change the colour and the luminosity of lights.
- Regulate temperature and detect any activity with the help of motion sensors.
- Trigger switches and smart plugs ON or OFF.
And the list is endless……
This integration of Alexa with the Arduino IoT Cloud enables interactive communication with customisable user-interface.
Enhanced security for the Cloud
If there are any concerns regarding data security while creating IoT applications, do not worry. Arduino IoT Cloud comes with an ECC508 crypto chip that ensures your data and connections remain secure all the time.
In order to get started, first set up the Arduino IoT Cloud workspace and install the Arduino Alexa Skill. It is fast and easy. To install the Arduino Alexa Skill, log in to your Amazon account and download the latest version of the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet. You can also use the Amazon Web application instead.
Do also note that you need an Arduino Create account in order to use the Arduino IoT Cloud.
1. Add the Arduino IoT Cloud Smart Home Skill.
2. Link your Arduino Create account with Alexa.
3. Once linked, go to the device tab in the Alexa app and start searching for devices.
4. The properties you created in the Arduino IoT Cloud now appear as devices. You can now start voice controlling your Arduino project with Alexa!
For an IoT compatible board, pick any of the following boards which are supported by the Arduino IoT Cloud: MKR 1000, MKR WiFi 1010, MKR GSM 1400 and Nano 33 IoT.
As of now, the following properties in the Arduino IoT Cloud can currently be used with Alexa:
- Dimmable light
- Coloured light
- Smart plug
- Smart switch
- Contact sensor
- Temperature sensor
- Motion sensor