- Improves anomaly detection and reduces data storage costs using machine learning algorithms
- Includes a new data compression technology that enables long-duration waveform compression, high-resolution playback and analysis
The automotive, IoT and mobile devices markets are growing rapidly. These markets need to innovative technology to enable semiconductor design engineers to quickly develop products that are robust, reliable and secure against malicious intrusions while reducing power consumption.
To keep up with this development, Keysight Technologies has released the PathWave Waveform Analytics, an edge-to-cloud computing application that improves anomaly detection and reduces data storage costs in pre-silicon validation using machine learning algorithms.
The PathWave Waveform Analytics is an advanced analytics software solution that includes a new data compression technology that enables long-duration waveform compression, high-resolution playback and analysis exceeding several terabytes of data. Built-in machine learning improves the discovery of voltage and current anomalies, as well as transient trends captured by the waveforms.
Addresses challenges faced by semiconductor designers:
- Shortens analysis time in pre-silicon validation by identifying anomalies.
- Identify outlier waveform shapes via a high level view into clustering results and analyze that data in high resolution.
- Perform multiple dimensional comparisons and fine-tune the waveforms for analysis.
- Responds quickly as data is transferred between the edge computer and the server
- Reduces overall project costs by debugging in pre-silicon, which also saves time in the costly post-silicon validation phase.
- Improves design reliability with pre-and post-processing algorithms that accurately detect voltage and current spikes on power and signal waveforms.
“Highly power-efficient semiconductors require robust, reliable and secure analytics during design qualification,” said Christopher Cain, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s Electronic Industrial Products. “Keysight’s innovative big-data waveform analytics solutions enable those semiconductor designers to automate design analysis, improving the productivity of those tasks by up to 90 per cent, thus accelerating their companies’ time-to-market opportunity.”