This next level instrument speeds up daily measurement tasks and includes comprehensive toolset of analysis functions
The RTO2000 series offers a fast update rate, excellent signal fidelity and responsive instrument control. It could be even better by extending the jitter capabilities and simplifying the user interface (less complex frontpanel, dialog workflows that don’t obstruct the waveforms, bigger displays).
Taking these and many similar issues into perspective, here’s a next-gen oscilloscope that provides instant insights into in-depth information. The R&S RTO6 digital oscilloscope is a fully integrated test solution for the time and frequency domains, as well as protocol and logic analysis. With a high waveform update rate, excellent signal fidelity, a powerful digital trigger and responsive deep memory, it enables test engineers to benefit in applications, ranging from EMI debugging and spectrum analysis to automotive Ethernet testing and serial bus analysis, as well as power electronics testing and digital design.
There are more than 90 measurement functions in the R&S RTO6 series for amplitude and time measurements, jitter, eye, histogram and spectral measurements. A dedicated ASIC for optimised signal processing delivers an update rate of up to one million waveforms per second, detecting sporadic signal faults and anomalies quickly.
A low-noise frontend and single-core A-D converters with highly small linearity errors achieve excellent signal integrity with a spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) of 65 dBc and an effective number of bits (ENOB) of 9.4. This allows users to capture all signal details with maximum precision.
For increased productivity, the oscilloscope comes with a 15.6-inch Full HD screen that is large enough to view waveforms in detail. An easy-to-use touch functionality facilitates signals to be dragged and dropped anywhere on the screen. So mask tests (up to 6,00, 000 per second) which can be set up with simple touch gestures, allow signal anomalies to be easily identified within defined tolerance limits. Thanks to the unique zone trigger, events can be graphically isolated in both the time and frequency domains.
As mentioned, more signal details can be revealed using the high definition (HD) mode. This increases the vertical resolution of the R&S RTO6 oscilloscopes up to 16 bits with digital filtering, resulting in sharper waveforms and a low noise level of 10 micro V. Moreover, it allows the R&S RTO6 to achieve unprecedented trigger sensitivity and isolate even the smallest signal details.
- Channels – 4
- Bandwidth (GHz) – 0.6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
- Sample Rate – 10 GSa/s per channel; 20 GSa/s on 2 ch (4 & 6 GHz models)
- Record Length/Acquisition memory – 200 Mpts/channel (optional: 1 Gpts/channel)
- Vertical resolution – Up to 16 bit, 8 bit ADC
- Update rate – 1 Mwfm/s
- Hardware options – MSO 16 ch; 2 ch 100 MHz generator; Pulse source; RT-ZVC multi-channel probe
- OS – Win10
Some applications in detail
- Power electronics testing
- Accurately measures power ripple and PARD
- Finds coupled sources with fast FFT
- Debugging and validation of power rails
2. Digital design
- Deep system insights with jitter and noise decomposition
- De-embedding for waveform correction
- Characterisation and debugging of signals paths
3. Serial bus analysis
- Hardware-based triggering and decoding for fast analysis
- Advanced bus measurements for in-depth analysis
- Search functions for easier analysis of long and complex signals
4. RF analysis
- Zone trigger
- Gated FFT
- Logarithmic display
Multiple application-specific software options for complex measurements are available, which include:
- Triggering and decoding of serial protocols
- Automated compliance tests on high-speed digital interfaces
- Detailed options for jitter analysis and power analysis, as well as spectrum, power, TDR/TDT and signal analysis
Along with an extensive probe portfolio, the R&S RTO6 digital oscilloscope is available now from Rohde & Schwarz.