- Gives an 8x increase in gyroscope resolution and a 4x increase in accelerometer resolution
- Provides a 40 per cent lower noise and improves temperature stability compared to traditional IMUs
The InvenSense ICM-42688-P high-performance motion sensor by TDK Corporation is a 6-axis MEMS MotionTracking™ device that comprises of a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer. The device enables high-precision motion sensing for applications such as robotics, wearable devices, drones and many other IoT devices.
Compared to traditional consumer-grade IMUs, the ICM-42688-P provides a 40 per cent lower noise-figure and improves temperature stability by 2x. This ensures that any motion event is measured with the highest accuracy, independent of temperature changes.
Additional motion detection characteristics
The ICM-42688-P also includes a 100 per cent accurate clock that eliminates timing errors and a high-resolution analogue-to-digital converter. The converter facilitates an 8x increase in gyroscope resolution and a 4x increase in accelerometer resolution. Other industry-leading features include the InvenSense on-chip APEX Motion Processing Engine for gesture recognition, activity classification and pedometer, along with programmable digital filters and an embedded temperature sensor.
“It’s all about performance, and TDK continues to deliver on that promise with best-in-class gyroscope stability vs. time and temperature, coupled with proprietary integrated technology for real-time response and content synchronization,” said Amir Panush, InvenSense CEO and General Manager. “The ICM-42688-P is specifically designed with a focus on our tier-1 and channel customers, who care about high-precision, best-in-class sensors performance.”
The development platform, the DK-42688-P provides:
- Single Board “Out of the Box” experience
- Comprehensive software tools to expedite evaluation and development
- MotionLink™ and embedded motion
- Code development assistance with the help of on-board embedded developer tools
- Minimum setup time of 15-minutes
With a dimension of 2.5mm x 3mm x 0.9mm, the InvenSense ICM-42688-P and DK-42688-P developer kit are now available for distribution.