Provides high-level accurate performance and functions for power analysis that are unique to power supply instruments
A linear design throughout the output circuits of the R&S NGA100 significantly improves performance compared to the switched-mode circuits. The resulting higher accuracy allows engineers to supply the exact power level needed without any additional multimeter.
The standard level of readback resolution, 1 mV/100 µA, is enhanced for currents under 200 mA to a resolution of 1 µA, ideal to test low current levels typical for IoT applications in standby and sleep mode. The R&S NGA100 also has the necessary dynamic range for power and current spikes when switched to active mode.
While most power supplies only output maximum power within a very limited voltage/amperage range, the FlexPower technology from Rohde & Schwarz provides maximum power for a wide range of combinations, so that a single instrument can support many different applications. This benefits users with a clear screen, intuitive user interface and features like instantaneous statistical functions for maximum and minimum values for power, voltage and current displayed directly on the screen.
Other unique features of the R&S NGA100 include:
- Logging voltage and current values for analysis, with up to 10 samples per second
- For data export and remote control, Ethernet and USB are supported as standard, with optional WLAN and an external trigger with digital I/Os
- Sequences of voltage/current settings at intervals down to 10 ms can be generated.
- Low distortion and low noise supplied power
- Cable loss compensation through remote sensing function
The correct level is at the input to the device under test, not at the output of the power supply.
The new R&S NGA100 power supply series is part of the R&S Essentials portfolio and is available now from Rohde & Schwarz, and selected distribution partners.