- Renesas’ two new offerings can handle demanding motor drive applications
- Ideal for power supplies, Class-D audio amplifiers and inverters
Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced the HIP2211 and HIP2210, a new pair of 100V half-bridge MOSFET drivers. The HIP2211 is a next-generation pin-compatible upgrade of Renesas’ popular ISL2111 bridge driver, while the new HIP2210 offers a tri-level PWM input to simplify power supply and motor drive design. The HIP2211 and HIP2210 are ideal for 48V telecom power supplies, Class-D audio amplifiers, solar inverters and UPS inverters. They are also capable of powering the demanding 48V motor drives found in Li-ion battery-powered household and outdoor products, water pumps, and cooling fans.
The HIP221x drivers have been designed to work reliably with high-speed, high-voltage HS pin that can tolerate up to -10V continuously and fast slew rate of 50V/ns – under difficult and harsh operating conditions. Comprehensive under-voltage protection works in conjunction with the HIP2210’s programmable anti-shoot-through protection to ensure the driven MOSFETs are not damaged due to power supply or other external fault conditions.
Optimal for high frequency
These drivers feature strong 3A source, 4A sink drivers with very fast 15ns typical propagation delay and 2ns typical delay matching, making them the optimal solution for high-frequency switching applications. Both the HIP2210 and HIP2211 are designed to complement Renesas’ microcontrollers in advanced DC-DC and brushless motor drive systems.
“Robust noise tolerance, ultra-fast propagation delays, and high system efficiency are some of the key features our customers have come to rely on from our entire range of HIP half-bridge MOSFET drivers,” said Philip Chesley, Vice President, Industrial and Communications Business Division at Renesas.
Key Features of HIP2211 and HIP2210
- 115VDC bootstrap supply maximum voltage (120V HS absolute maximum) supports 100V on the half-bridge
- Wide VDD voltage operating range of 6V to 18V (20V absolute maximum)
- HS pin tolerates up to -10V and 50V/ns slew rates
- Integrated 0.5Ω typical bootstrap diode eliminates external discrete diodes
- VDD and boot UVLO prevent low gate voltage drive to the NFETs
- Adjustable dead time delay via RDT pin (HIP2210 only) prevents shoot-through conditions, adjustable from 35ns to 350ns with a single resistor
The HIP2211 and HIP2210 are available now from Renesas’ worldwide distributors. The HIP2211 is supplied in an 8-lead SOIC and a 10-lead 4mm x 4mm TDFN package. The HIP2210 is supplied in a 10-lead 4mm x 4mm TDFN package.