SiWx917 is an SoC that can help you design an IoT device with the latest connectivity options that last for years on a single charge.
SiWx917 System on Chip (SoC) from Silicon Labs is designed to create ultra-low power IoT devices. The SoC can deliver more compute, enable faster AI/ML, and have higher security in a compact package. The SiWx917 is powered by an ARM Cortex M4 processor with FPU application MCU up to 180 MHz. The SoC is suitable for designing low-power IoT wireless devices using Wi-Fi 6 plus, Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) 5.1, Matter, and IP networking for secure cloud connectivity. The SiWx917 SoC can help developers simplify their designs by reducing development costs, and size, thus reducing the time to market. The SiWx917 supports OFDMA, MU-MIMO, BSS colouring, etc. which allows for faster, more stable network coverage even in crowded areas. The SoC can also be used for applications such as battery-powered locks, Asset trackers, health and fitness monitor, etc.
SiWx917 features an integrated micro-controller (MCU), peripherals and power management subsystem all in a compact package measuring just 7×7 mm. Furthermore, the SoC contains a multi-threaded processor along with a baseband digital signal processing, analog front end, 2.4GHz RF transceiver and an integrated power amplifier. The integrated MCU is dedicated to peripheral and application-related processing, while the ThreadArch runs the wireless and networking stacks on independent threads, providing a fully integrated single-chip solution that is ready for a wide range of embedded wireless IoT applications.
The Wi-Fi 6 has been added to the device as it’s target wake time feature enhances the battery run time by allowing the devices to sleep for longer periods, it can enable multi-year operation for battery-based designs such as smart locks or smart sensors. The Bluetooth LE makes the device compatible with most of the existing devices, thus, making the SoC easier to deploy in homes or commercial setups without needing any additional devices. The SoC can be used in a wide variety of applications such as in smart homes, health and fitness, medical, industrial, asset tracking, etc.
Features of SiWx917
• Wi-Fi single band 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth Low Energy 5.1 wireless radio
• Quad-thread ThreadArch processor up to 160 MHz
• ARM Cortex-M4 processor with FPU application MCU up to 180 MHz
• Integrated baseband processor, RF transceiver, high-power amplifier, balun and T/R switch
• Wide operating supply range: 1.75 V to 3.63 V
• Operating temperature: -40°C to +85/105°C
• Integrated PSA-L2 certifiable security engine, and AI/ML accelerator
• Embedded SRAM up to 672 KB FLASH up to 8 Mb and supports opt external PSRAM
• 3x Op-amps 2x Comparators, IR detector and Temp Sensor, 8 capacitive touch sensor inputs