Pentonic 700 by MediaTek is a smart TV system-on-chip (SoC) with a powerful AI processing engine for upcoming 120Hz 4K TVs. The SoC features an AI processing unit (APU) which offers advanced features which offer superior image quality and support variable refresh rate (VRR) up to 144Hz for gaming applications. It features an HDR10+ Adaptive technology which optimizes the viewing experience based on room lightning. Furthermore, it supports the latest voice assistant features and smart home device management. For enhanced viewing and gaming experience, the SoC includes HDMI 2.1 Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) to minimize display lag and Dolby Atmos’ technology for immersive sound. The SoC also supports the latest VVC H.266 standard including HEVC, AV1 and AVS3 standards, along with the latest VVC (H.266) standard, for broadcasters and streaming providers’ latest requirements.
“MediaTek’s Pentonic series brings more intelligence to smart TVs with a host of AI-powered picture quality enhancements,” said Alex Chen, General Manager of the TV Business Unit at MediaTek. “Smart TV brands can count on Pentonic 700 to deliver incredible experiences whether consumers are watching videos or sports, gaming, or using their TV as a control center for their other smart devices.”
According to the company the SoC support for Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail, integrated 4K120 MEMC and TCON, and gaming optimizations. Furthermore, the Pentonic 700’s integrated APU supports MediaTek’s AI-Super Resolution, AI-Picture Quality (AI-PQ) Scene Recognition and AI-PQ Object Recognition technologies for advanced edge smoothing and detail reconstruction.
The Pentonic 700 enables Smart TVs to display content from various sources on the TV screen with Picture-by-Picture (PBP) and Picture-in-Picture (PIP) support with PQ enhancement. This technology allows for different sporting events at the same time or video chat with friends and family while watching content together. In the office, these capabilities provide more video conferencing options and allow TVs to display different content streams at the same time.
The key specs of the MediaTek Pentonic 700 include:
- Resolution support up to 4K at 120Hz and capable of VRR up to 4K at 144Hz for gaming applications.
- Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail for improved detail with added texture and depth.
- HDR10+ Adaptive technology to offer optimal viewing experiences based on a room’s lighting conditions.
- MediaTek’s AI-PQ Scene Recognition 2.0 to automatically optimize picture quality settings.
- MediaTek’s AI-PQ Object Recognition 2.5 to enhance the depth of view by applying different sharpness, contrast and color between the foreground and background.
- Built-in hardware video decoding engine supporting HEVC, AV1 and AVS3 standards, along with the latest VVC (H.266) standard
- MediaTek’s AI-Super Resolution 2.0 for edge smoothing and detail reconstruction.
- Support for the latest voice assistant features and smart home device management.