STPI has launched an Open Challenge Program 3.0 for the Electronic Hardware startups.
About the Contest
Software Technology Parks of India (STPI), an initiative expected to contribute to Make-in-India & Digital India programmes of Govt. of India by reducing Electronics imports and recognize value of IP & Technology locally, has setup Centre of Excellence “STPI IoT OpenLab” located at Electronics city, Phase-1. Bengaluru to promote the startups in IoT domain.
The STPI IoTOpenLab invites the proposals/applications from Electronic Hardware Start-ups who would like to use T& M equipment, tools, sample bank of electronics etc. Applications would be invited from Electronic Hardware Start-ups working around SMART CITY based solutions in the following areas:
- Smart Building
- Smart Street/Traffic Lighting System
- Smart Water Monitoring
- Smart Security Surveillance
- Smart Parking
The applications received from the startups will be evaluated and the selected startups will make use of the IOT Open Lab offerings listed below:
• STPI IoTOpenLab Test & Measuring Equipment and Tool • Ready-to-Work Plug & Play space as per requirement
• Access to T&M Equipment, Tools and Sample Bank of Electronics
• High Speed Internet Access
• Mentor Network
• Market access through the Industry associations like IESA, TiE
• Access to Investors.
• Access to Credits from the ECO system partners like Mathworks, etc
• Sponsorship to National level events to showcase your products
• Access to National wise STPI CoEs Network
• IPR Related Support Services
The start-up must be incorporated as a
• Private Limited Company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or
• Registered Partnership Firm (Regd. under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or
• Limited Liability Partnership (under the Liability Partnership Act 2008)
The date of registration/incorporation must not be beyond 10 years.
Also note that the startups should have an annual turnover not exceeding Rs. 100 crore for any of the financial years since its incorporation.
Entity must be working towards innovation, development or improvement of products, processes or services or if it is a scalable business model with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
Application submission start date: June 7, 2021
Application submission end date: September 6, 2021
Completion of screening: September 16, 2021
Announcement of Shortlisted Applicants: September 22, 2021
For registrations visit this page.