Teknic’s ClearCore, a low-cost, multi-axis, motion and industrial I/O controller, now has Modbus communication. ClearCore provides 4 axes of motion control, Ethernet, serial, USB, and wireless expandability along with 13 configurable digital & analog I/O points. Accelerate your development with more than 40 example projects, including a new Modbus HMI example project. Teknic’s Modbus project contains wiring information, example code, and open source Modbus libraries.
Key specifications and benefits of ClearCore include:
- Hardware includes a powerful 32-bit, floating point ARM Cortex-M4 processor, 192k local RAM, 512k Flash, interrupt handler, and an onboard SD Card interface for storage expansion.
- ClearCore provides up to 4 axes of motion control for Teknic’s ClearPath integrated servos, 3rd party stepper drives, or any brushless servo motor with a digital servo drive.
- ClearCore includes 13 industrially hardened and electrically conditioned, 24V I/O points, including digital and analog inputs and outputs. Extend your I/O compliment with 8-point I/O expansion modules (CCIO-8) for a total I/O compliment of 73 I/O points.
- Compatible with XBee modules for peer-to-peer wireless communications such as WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, DigiMesh, 802.15.4, and others.
- A rich C++ library & software API including more than 40 extensively commented example projects ensures ease-of-use and accelerates your development cycle. Teknic’s new Modbus project contains example code, wiring information, and open source Modbus libraries.
- All source code is available for free, under an open-source, copy-right, MIT license; compatible with the Arduino IDE for rapid software prototyping.
- ClearCore can be ordered online at https://www.teknic.com/products/io-motion-controller/clcr-4-13/. Each unit ships within 3 business days and comes with a 3-year warranty and a 90 day money-back guarantee.