The technology can be integrated for testing and evaluation in the smart buildings, wireless sensors market and electronic displays
This evaluation board will allow companies to integrate this technology for testing and evaluation in the smart buildings, wireless sensors market and electronic displays. The wireless sensors market alone is projected to grow nearly 3x in the next four years, from US$5 billion in 2019 to US$ 14.6 billion by 2025.
The evaluation board functionality is expected to include:
- DA2210 WPT rectifier
- E-peas AEM30940 harvesting PMIC
- Supercap or rechargeable lithium battery support
- Smartbond DA14531-based BLE SoC
- Ambient light and temperature/humidity sensors
- Support for E-Ink display charging (optional)
- Support for external harvesting antenna
Energous’ WattUp wireless charging technology is based on radio frequency, which provides many benefits for wireless charging including the ability to be designed into small form factor products and devices without flat surfaces.