Powerful ability to capture details in low lighting thanks to advanced lenses and high-performance sensors
When using a conventional camera with infrared lighting for night monitoring, people, vehicles or other important objects are blurry and blend into the background, making it difficult to identify details. Colour-related information is crucial for many scenarios and is a great asset for data and analyses. However, conventional cameras often lose important details when rendering only black and white images. ColorVu technology is a solution to this common challenge faced by many security system users.
The cameras’ powerful ability to capture details in low lighting comes from two specific breakthroughs in hardware technologies: advanced lenses and high-performance sensors. Coupled with supplemental light for extremely dark scenarios, ColorVu cameras guarantee video with colourful details when you need them.
Key benefits of full-colour video
– Accurate colour rendering
– Excellent performance in low-light environments
– Clear capture of colour information and richer details compared to black and white imaging
– Balanced brightness
– F1.0 super aperture and advanced sensor guarantee realistic rendering
- Residential buildings including townhouses, multi-family homes and apartments.
- Users can monitor entrances and exits as well as dimly-lit interior and exterior areas where theft or other crimes occur, such as dark hallways and walkways, dumpster areas and loading docks.
- ColorVu uses sophisticated supplemental lighting to make parking areas easier to secure; thus there is no need for additional lighting to capture high-quality, full-colour images. ColorVu’s environmentally-friendly natural light will not interfere with a driver’s vision, as opposed to harsh, bright or discoloured lights. All these features reduce costs and ensure high-resolution, detailed imagery.
- Parks and Recreation Areas: Strategically placed ColorVu Cameras illuminate areas with limited lighting that pose risks for accidents or other incidents such as walkways, play areas, entrances to the restrooms and exercise areas.
Enriched ColorVu options with 4K and Varifocal cameras
The latest ColorVu cameras offer enriched options to the market with having covered both Turbo HD (DF8T series/DF3T series/DF0T series) and Network products, satisfying a multitude of customer needs, from high-performance products to budget-friendly choices and smart solutions.
The 4K ColorVu cameras bring colour imaging to ultra-high-definition levels day and night. With better image quality and richer detail, 4K ColorVu cameras can be applied across an even wider range of scenarios, including stadiums, airports, harbours and parking lots, where clear and high-resolution images are necessary.
Also, Varifocal cameras (the DF8T-Z series) added to the new ColorVu models create 24/7 colour imaging in all focal lengths. With 2.8 – 12 mm motorised lenses, ColorVu Varifocal cameras allow users to zoom in on colourful images at night.
Enhanced colourful imaging with AA manufacturing technology
The latest ColorVu camera lenses have kept the F1.0 super-aperture design, allowing four times more light to enter the lens than conventional cameras (that have F2.0). Focusing high definition cameras with large F1.0 apertures is extremely technical for the industry, requiring very strict and accurate manufacturing. Hikvision has applied its advanced Active Alignment (AA) Technology in the production of ColorVu cameras to bring the adjustment accuracy to within 4 pixels, even smaller than 1/30 hair diameter.
Meanwhile, with optimised sensors, night-time colour imaging of ColorVu camera renders much brighter than conventional cameras. A new 3D dynamic noise reduction (DNR) algorithm helps the cameras record additional remote details clearly and deliver sharper images. These cameras are also equipped with a soft and warm supplemental light that illuminates to guarantee colour imaging even in zero-light environments.
Quick target search with AcuSense technology
Most security camera users only need to focus on alarms triggered by human and vehicles, especially at night. These newly released ColorVu cameras can integrate Hikvision’s cutting-edge AcuSense technology to help users focus only on events that matter to security. Empowered by deep learning algorithms, ColorVu cameras can distinguish people and vehicles from other moving objects such as rain, leaves and animals. Alarms will only be triggered when the pre-set intrusion type takes place. With this solution, video clips are sorted by human and vehicle categories, and object classification vastly improves search efficiency.