In this video tutorial, the presenter would be explaining about varactor diode, it’s working, and its applications.
By watching this video, you will learn the following topics:
- What is Varactor Diode
- Working of the Varactor Diode
- Equivalent Circuit of the Varactor Diode
- Important Specifications of the Varactor Diode
- Applications of the Varactor Diode
What is Varactor Diode?
The varactor diode is one type of PN junction diode whose internal capacitance changes with the applied reverse bias voltage. It is also known as Varicap diode (Variable Capacitance).
Applications of the Varactor Diode
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- Phase and Frequency Modulators
- RF Filters
- FM Receivers and other telecommunication receivers (For tuning)
- Capacitance Range
- Capacitance Ratio
- Reverse Current (Leakage current)
- Breakdown Voltage
- Quality Factor