In the scope of the Automotive Processors, the incumbent shoulders the responsibility to contribute to the functional specifications using marketing requirements, use case analysis, performance explorations etc. for new products.
- Carries out the technical feasibility study for new products.
- Analyses and defines the efficient hardware and software co-design boundaries.
- Ensures the analysis and the resolution of any system not-conformity identified during the product implementation.
- Interfaces with marketing teams to understand the product requirements from customer.
- Interfaces with design team to deliver the architecture specifications and understand the design and implementation challenges through regular reviews.
- Interfaces with functional verification and validation teams for definition closure and participating in test plan reviews.
- Interfaces with software, firmware development and validation teams.
- Interfaces with the IP teams and vendors for delivering IP requirements and requesting the features from SoC use case perspective.
- Interfaces the implementation team to monitor the compatibility of the implementation with the product specifications.
- Interfaces with universities for innovation awareness.
Desired Experience/ skill set
- Btech/MTech/ PhD in CS/EC with 4-15 years experience.
- Experience in system design knowhow for SoCs, preferably Automotive.
- Experience in design, verification, emulation for SoCs with good understanding of bring up which includes clocking, reset, boot flow etc.
- Knowledge of computer and cache architectures, performance modeling and verification is highly desirable
- Knowledge of hardware and software design using languages like HDLs, C, C++, scripting languages like Python is highly desirable
- Ability to work in multi-site and cross functional teams.
- Experience in performance verification and validation would be plus.
- Knowledge of architecture exploration platforms like MATLAB, Platform architect, Virtualizer would be a plus.
- Knowledge of compilers, linkers and code optimization would be a plus.