Team: TAC Teams at Ruckus Wireless
Internal: TAC Managers, TAC Senior Manager, Multi-functional Support Teams and Sales teams
External: Customers, Partners and VARs
Technical Support Engineer, working in a fast-paced environment, the TSE will be responsible for providing first level of Technical Support for various technologies in Ruckus Wireless products to our Enterprise customers.
Key Operational Responsibilities
- Be the first technical point of contact for the customer
- Identify customer problems/issues and assist customer to resolve issues while consistently providing phenomenal Customer Experience
- Work on sophisticated problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth fault analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Identify and reproduce customer technical problems in a test/lab environment
- Work on day-day tickets, follow-up with clients, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Ensure proper case documentation and closure
- Generate clear and concise documentation in the form of case notes, technical tips and white papers
- Supply to the knowledge base by creating KB articles
- Advise and discuss with Staff or Principal Engineers on calls and emails that require assistance.
- Timely handoff (critical issue) of cases that require sophisticated technical investigation by the LTE Team
- Suggest improvements on product quality / features and be proactive in development of product
- Handle customer expectation and make sure customer is receiving the highest quality of service
- Document customer issues for future reference and build knowledge base of the solutions given to the customer
- Actively participate in trainings and improve product and process knowledge
- Understand the SLA’s and work/align style of working towards meeting them
- Active Backlog
- Aged Backlog
- Time to Resolve and Time to Close
- Critical issue %
- KB Contribution
Education level: B.Sc. or B.E degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer support experience in IP networks, WiFi or related environment.
- Data networking is required, Wireless networking experience is desired.
- Preferably worked as an engineer TAC.
CWNA / CCNA is an advantage
- Customer Focus
- Aim for results
- Phenomenal Teammate
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, IGMP, switching and Routing (Layer 2 & 3 communication),
- internet protocols including DNS, DHCP, SMTP, VLAN etc.
- Ruckus Wireless Products
- Ethernet switching
- Routing and Data Centers
- Wifi solutions, Multi-tenant solutions, Hotspot services
- General Knowledge In The Following Areas
- Wireless industry and ambitious products
- Competitor Switching Products
- TCP/IP, WAN/LAN
- IOT Solutions
Other Abilities Required
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to understand and analyze customer issues along with good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and optimally with clients and peers
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal and partnership skills
- Self-driven, proactive, hardworking, team-player
- Encourages and accepts feedback
- Exposure of handling international customers
Monday through Friday and weekend or overnight hours as the need arises.