If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer – PCB Layout based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility of this role is to design and develop artwork for Printed Circuit Boards to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology. They are often the Technical or Project Leader for small projects.
- Demonstrates the application of basic engineering tools/ principles and evidence of creative thinking (Printed circuit board stack up design, Bill of Materials, Component Placement according to design flow for ease of routing)
- Prepares layout, detailed drawings and schematics by using computer assisted engineering design software and ECAD tools.
- Responsible for activity planning, execution and closing of assigned activities.
- Confers with manufacturing, Product teams, Printed circuit board fab vendors, suppliers to develop designs and resolve Design for Manufacturing, Design For Testing, Design For Assembly issues.
- Plans, Organizes, and leads smaller projects.
- Ensure all Printed Circuit Board design processes and review processes are well understood and followed in every design.
- Effectively prioritizes and acts with speed and focus.
- Identifies competencies and personnel needed to complete tasks.
- Performs typically as an individual contributor within team.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements in Printed Circuit Board Design
- Process/ Design Cycle time/DPMO and contribute on process improvements.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholder to define acceptable quality levels based on IPC standards of Printed circuit board design, and continuously manages the expectations of stakeholders.
- Consistently achieves results, even under adverse circumstances like minor changes in Schematics and /or Placement. In case of major changes in scope, communicates schedule impact effectively and openly.
- Makes and keeps commitments of deliverables release dates by holding self and others accountable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electrical Engineering.
- Total relevant work experience: 5+ years.
- Hands-on experience in Altium / Allegro or equivalent Layout and Capture tool.
- Sound knowledge of electrical & electronic components – Surface Mount & through Hole.
- Hands-on experience in creation of footprints and sound knowledge of IPC Standards like IPC2221A, IPC-SM-782 and IPC 7351, IEC, UL and MIL standards, PCB library management, Prepare schematics, performs layout design.
- Awareness of CIS / CIP database, thermal management, Enclosure designs.
- Experience with PCB manufacturing process (Design for Manufacturing, assembly and testing) and validation of Gerbers using CAM350.
- Good knowledge of PCB design guidelines for EMI / EMC aspects, some exposure on hardware testing
- Hands on experience with high speed board designs, Signal Integrity & Power Integrity analysis using Ansys or equivalent tool.
- Automotive domain knowledge for High power Layout designs.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.