The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell’s Value Engineering (VE) and Component Engineering (CE) Center of Excellence (COE) is a dynamic collective of professionals dedicated to refining product development through innovative engineering and strategic component selection. Working in tandem with GBE’s Engineering and Procurement teams, the VE/CE COE is a global entity tasked with the critical mission of enhancing product margins and driving productivity, thereby securing Honeywell’s competitive edge in the global market. Our mandate spans across all Strategic Business Groups (SBGs), with the exception of AERO, ensuring that value engineering and component engineering principles are consistently applied to deliver tangible savings and superior products. As a hub of flexibility and rapid adaptation, the VE/CE COE is Honeywell’s strategic response to the “ever-evolving” marketplace demands.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to advance your Engineering and Engineering Services career within one of the Honeywell’s most profitable and dynamic Business units. This Hardware Engineer role is responsible for driving and supporting projects that focuses on product life cycle management to include obsolescence, cost reductions, and design for supply chain resiliency actions. The position is in Honeywell’s HBT portfolio for commercial life and safety systems to include products such as Fire alarm panels, detectors, voice alarm systems etc. The role requires an entrepreneurial approach to apply mechanical design expertise in a global environment while coordinating with cross functional team in design centers, sourcing, manufacturing, quality, and regulatory teams to generate and implement cost saving. This role includes identification of product cost savings opportunities through alternate supplier qualification, product design standardization, and factory transfers.
- Prepare Test Plans for the project to make sure the alternative component will satisfy all requirements and final product performance meets the specification.
- Review the current electronic board design considering the current technologies in terms of component, materials & process, propose ideations to reduce BoM cost by redesign & optimization.
- Perform Component and Product level Qualification – Provide change description, develop test instructions, and create user guides and manuals.
- Conduct redesign activities of an existing product to gain more domain knowledge about Fire Business and understand how to implement the FIRE standards requirements with help of both regulatory team and more experienced R&D colleagues.
- Perform a key role in Obsolescence / Shortage issues.
- Track record of the design and test (developer test, functional test, automated test, climatic test) using HON specific tools (JIRA, JAMA, etc.).
- Design for Manufacturing and Testability
- Select component/materials and deal with appropriate component selection tools (Preferred Parts List, Preferred Suppliers List, etc.).
- Build and test prototypes, identify issues, and follow up on corrective actions.
- Develop test plans and strategies, specify instrumentation, write test procedures, and analyze test results.
- Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent subject
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering position, designing electronic products
- Knowledge of Value Analysis/Value Engineering principles and techniques
- Knowledge of electronic components, their parameters and characteristics and experience with conditional qualification testing
- Knowledge of electronic circuits and subsystems.
- Knowledge of PCB CAD design systems, CAD tools, and Simulation Tools
- Experience in EMC and product testing
- Very good written and spoken English, very good communication and negotiation skills, experience multitasking and prioritizing workload.