Company: UD Trucks
Electrical & Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) is part of UD Trucks Technology Bangalore site. EEVC develops and maintains the EE system for products. Here in our office in Bangalore, we are product owners for our Quester and Croner products.
This team’s scope includes entire Electrical & Electronics System & Components Development / Maintenance. We are collaboratively working on x-functional within UD trucks and with our external partners.
EEVC consists of 4 groups, Systems Engineering, Power Distribution & Components, Embedded SW & HMI, and Verification and Integration. We are now looking for Test Rig Engineer for Verification and Integration group.
As a Test Rig Engineer, you are part of a global team responsible for the Validation and Verification of the Electrical System right from component level to Truck Level. In this role, you will be part of developing and maintaining test rig development setups. You will be needed to collaborate with counterparts in other sites and actively take part in Cross-Functional teams.
You are required to have good knowledge of PLC and LabVIEW and should have good knowledge of selecting Data acquisition hardware based on project requirements. 8
- Design, develop and maintain HIL test rigs for software verification.
- Ability to understand verification plans and requirements.
- Technical communication to stakeholders regarding questions of requirements & verification.
- Active Involvement in discussions with verification lead/engineers
- Communication to internal/external stakeholders (PMs, Product Owners, Verification leads)
- Support with customer issue analysis, reproduction, RCA, etc.
Required Qualification, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor/master’s degree in electronics and communication /electrical Engineering (BE/B.Tech/M.Tech)
- 3-4 years of experience with building /maintaining test rigs/test Setup
- Should have very good knowledge of PLC, and LabVIEW.
- Explicit experience of working in HIL development & other test systems.
- Good knowledge of troubleshooting electrical circuits
- Hands-on experience in preparation of harness and soldering circuits.
- Basic Knowledge about the Electronic/Electrical Architecture in a vehicle.
- Good level of knowledge in both Electrical & Electronics Technology.
- Knowledge about Truck/Vehicle environment and Truck Application.
- Domain knowledge of the Test & Verification area.
- Knowledge about Agility and Agile development
- Good skills in using MS Office Tools.
- Good knowledge of automotive EE functions/features end-to-end verification.
- Strong knowledge of Software / Hardware concepts, ECU pin descriptions, etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Additional Important Requirements
- Have a pragmatic and generalist approach to technical solutions.
- Good Knowledge of Agile WoW.
- Experience working with global teams is desirable.
- Good knowledge of truck applications.
Personal / Behavioral Skill
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Very good interpersonal skills
- High customer focus
- Good problem-solving skills
- Systematic, analytic, pro-active, and open-minded
- Enjoy working in teams as well as on your own, take responsibility, be creative and innovative, be generous and share knowledge.
- Have the drive to develop as a professional and accept new challenges in our dynamic environment.
- Open multi-cultural mindset is required.
- Genuine interest in Automotive Electrical & Electronics domain