Email ID for Applicants for sharing the resumes/CVs: [email protected]
Location: New York (Remote)
Company: Radiator Labs
Kelvin is a New York based start-up that is solving a 100-year-old problem: the lack of heating and cooling efficiency and comfort in buildings across the planet; causing enormous amounts of waste in both energy costs and carbon pollution. Our solution uses software, hardware, and data science to solve this problem in a cost effective way. We allow building owners and co-op boards to avoid the waste and the impending fines by giving them a solution that makes sense economically, practically, and environmentally.
Our award-winning technology has received recognition by the MIT Clean Energy Prize, the Popular Science Invention Award, Architizer A+ Award, and more. Our solution has been validated by NYSERDA to save 25% on heating costs and are eligible for all utility incentives. Our hybrid-electrification platform will soon enable buildings to electrify up to 80% of their heating demand at 20% of the cost of traditional approaches.
We are a growing team, with a diverse set of responsibilities and backgrounds. Kelvin is committed to creating a place where everyone’s unique perspective is valued and where people can do their best work. We work hard as a team to innovate, deliver great value to our customers, and create a positive, productive place to work every day.
About the Principal Firmware/Embedded Engineering Position
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Principal Firmware/Embedded Engineer that has 14+ years of experience to include professional experience with ARM microcontrollers. The Principal Firmware/Embedded Engineer drives critical projects to the finish line, levels up team members, drives best practices, and communicates key design decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Solve our toughest challenges and drive forward our most critical projects; Breakdown complexity into smaller pieces and parts
- Unblock team members by identifying key dependencies, calling out risks and issues early, supporting team members when blocked, and promoting best practices
- Mentor team members through code reviews, technical designs, and group learning sessions
- Maintain high standards for quality, security, and reliability of our solutions
- Communicate key design decisions and influence best practices, ensuring we are getting to a good decision as quickly as possible
- Influence hiring needs and decisions on candidate selection
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- 14+ years of firmware/embedded development experience, particularly with ARM m-series; you know how bootloaders work at a detailed level and have strong knowledge of the compiling tool chain; dealing directly with the hardware in the microcontroller and also writing complete applications that run on the microcontroller
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M architectures and RTOS
- Experience with LoRa, LoRaWAN, and other wireless protocols like BLE
- Experience with FUOTA – how to perform full updates and differential based updates
- Experience with C++, C, and ARM Cortex-M assembly programming, build systems (such as Make), Git, and Linux operating system
- Experience with debugging: JTAG/SWD and ARM CoreSight Trace Macrocells, and traditional hardware methods using oscilloscope, logic-analyzer, and serial-prints
- Flexibility, curiosity, positive attitude, and the ability to think outside of the box
- Passion for building high-quality embedded systems; building in quality from the start
- Flexibility to move quickly with a focus on the customer
- Strong problem solving skills
Who You Are
- Excited about the opportunities and benefits of working in a lean startup environment.
- Desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced organization.
- Enthusiastic, professional, and highly proactive.
- Thrive on finding efficient solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Collaborative team player who can also work with minimal direction.
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equitable compensation
- Generous Benefits Package
- Company Equity
- Paid holidays and 4 weeks of paid-time-off
- All the gear you need to work smart