The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
We at NetApp Inc. are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems with respect to NetApp Storage. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.If you’re a motivated self-starter, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.simply, we’d like to meet you.
Primary Job Functions
- Provide Tier II technical support to enterprise clients, Resellers and Third-party support providers on complex and escalated scenarios.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, Web based tools and email.
- During problem escalations, act as a liaison between customers and Engineering support.
- Collaborate with other teams and experts whenever required to solve complex technical issues.
- Continuously develop skills leveraging several learning tools available at NetApp Inc.
- Documents cases, recommendations, and resolutions clearly in the CRM system, takes ownership of hot and/or more political cases escalated from less senior engineers
- Research, document, and escalate cases as needed.
- Able to address multiple customer issues simultaneously.
- Directly support customers with exceptional verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Active participation in Knowledge base creation, trainings, and other documentation activities.
Proven experience with at least 3 of the following protocols and applications:
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
- TCP/IP and Networking
- Data ONTAP operating system
- The usage of tools, logs, and support tools needed to analyze system issues (such as perfstat, packet traces, ASUP logs, etc.)
Be flexible in working in shifts (4AM IST to 6PM IST)
- Must have at least 1 or more areas of expertise such as:
- NetApp hardware platforms and peripheral devices
- Data ONTAP operating system and NetApp High-Availability (HA) technology
- UNIX/Linux configuration, administration and technical support
- Microsoft Windows environment configuration, system administration and technical support
- NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure
- Network Attached Storage protocols experience (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI) and related required protocols (DNS, NIS, andActive Directory)
- NetApp Cluster-Mode Storage Solutions and related technologies
- The interoperability of enterprise applications (such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SAP) with NetApp storage systems and solutions
- Server,and Desktop Virtualization Solutions (such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix)
- NetApp Storage Management Software Suite
- NetApp Data Protection Software and related backup technology
- Performance issues relating to NetApp storage solutions
- B. E or B. TECH graduate (Computer Science, E & C, I.T, E&E) from a reputed college.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support environment.