At Emerson, we’re passionate about technology; Multi-discipline teams create innovative, high-reliability solutions for our customers in the industrial process control market. We’re also focused on people; we succeed as you enhance your technical capabilities creatingworld-class products and manufacturing systems.
We are seeking Component Engineers to help bring existing product lines up to date with newer technologies.
As an Electronic Component Engineer, you will
- Influence the design team to select and source the best Electronic Components to meet requirements
- Build suppliers’ understanding of our technical and performance requirements
- Help troubleshoot component related issues and non-conformances with suppliers
- Evaluate and approve new suppliers of Electronic Components
- Improve processes to maintain consistent component selection
- Assist in creation of Product health based on the components used
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS or Engineering Technology degree in electronics or computer engineering.
- Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of electronic components including Resistors, Capacitors, Microcontrollers, Memory Devices, Op-Amps, Diodes and Voltage Regulators
- Good understanding of analog and digital circuits
- Ability to assess tradeoffs between components based on parametric data
- Strong Excel skills