- Seeking an Embedded C compilers test engineer with 2-4 years of experience in Software/Compiler Validation. Successful candidate will contribute to the Development tools test team.
- Develop and maintain automation framework for testing MPLAB XC compilers and assembler
- Design test cases for testing new releases of MPLAB XC 8, 16 and 32 bit compilers for PIC, AVR and SAM devices.
- Develop and automate test code in Embedded C for validating compiler releases for PIC, AVR and SAM microcontrollers
- Design test cases for testing new releases of AVR GCC compilers with new features.
- Compiler benchmarking for code size. Analyze the code generated and identify the opportunities for code size reduction
- Embedded C Code migration across different language tool chain.
- Validate MPLAB X IDE releases to support PIC and AVR devices.
- Run regression test suite, debug and analyze the failures and interface with development teams in multiple geographic regions to communicate the test reports
- Support for Internal and External customers.
- Candidates must have-2-4 years of experience in Software /Compiler Validation
- Good understanding and hands on experience in developing test applications using Embedded C
- Good understanding of AVR Microcontroller Architecture is required. MIPS and ARM, architecture knowledge is good have
- Hands-on experience in working with any Integrated Development Environment and Microcontrollers is required. Experience with Microchip tools-MPLAB X IDE, MPLAB XC compilers, and Debuggers is plus
- Strong Knowledge of Embedded C compiler is required.
- Understanding of CI tool(Jenkins/Bamboo), scripting languages (Python/Perl) are good to have
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple departments and multiple geographies. Ability to communicate well in both written and verbal forms
- Minimum B.E in Electronics and communication/Electrical and Electronics/Computer Science/ Instrumentation from reputed institutes
Company: Microchip Technology
This position is filled.