- Advertisement -
What you’ll be doing
You will be working closely with internal safety engineering teams to deliver state-of-the-art tools, methodologies, and flows to enable and improve functional safety. Specific responsibilities of the Automation and Tools Engineer role include:
- Owning the design and implementation of tools to automate the verification of functional safety analysis of complex hardware. Immediate needs include automated rule checking of functional safety work products (e.g. Excel based FMEA/FMEDA) and the development of a rule-violation justification management system.
- Developing solutions utilizing Python, modern databases, and web APIs to improve the efficacy of our functional safety execution.
- Collaborating on the creation of tools necessary to facilitate the safety analysis of complex hardware.
- Increasing the safety of our hardware by finding opportunities for increased automation and improved methodology and proposing, architecting, and implementing tools to realize these opportunities.
- Participating in engagements with third party tool providers to integrate NVIDIA’s tools into best-in-class tool suites.
What we need to see
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering and proven track record in the development of EDA tools and/or design automation flows and methodologies for semiconductor development (or an advanced degree with equivalent experience).
- Strong problem solving and software engineering skills, a passion for applying them to new challenges and a commitment to high quality work.
- Consistent track record of conceptualizing, designing, and implementing modular and robust software components with well-thought-out APIs and interfaces.
- Expertise in Python or a similar language and an understanding of object- oriented programming.
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative team where you will regularly learn new things, tackle new problems, share ideas, and give and receive feedback.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% of the work time) is a necessity.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Academic or industry experience with the entire life cycle of an automation infrastructure or flow. From concept to the design, implementation, deployment, and support.
- Experience with DBMS (database management systems), examples would include MongoDB, SQLite, or Postgres.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art chip / ASIC and or board design processes.
- Exposure to ISO 26262 (or other functional safety standards).
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
- Advertisement -