As an Android Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the technical vision for PDF workflows on Android. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly who is adaptable to an agile environment, passionate about new opportunities in mobile and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Creating such reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, mobile technologies and practical experience building customer facing mobile products.
What you’ll do
- Development using Android and C++ with key focus on scalable design and testing.
- Has experience with working on huge codebases and comfortable writing and debugging multi-threaded & asynchronous code in Android and the native C++ libraries.
- Understands the resource constraints of mobile devices and implements accordingly robust and efficient solutions with respect to CPU, memory and battery life.
- Actively working on integrating next generation PDF services into the mobile application.
- Innovating proofs of concepts for ideas as discussed by the team or as assigned by the manager in the context of the business.
- Analyzing features at lower level and helping resolve any integration issues that may come along.
- Activity planning and estimations
- Participate in design and architecture of overall product and lead the same for your features.
- Study upcoming technologies, analyze and propose how they can be incorporated to improve the existing product.
- Create high & low level design artifacts.
- Code Reviews
- Mentoring Android developers in the team
- Develop document solutions for close to a million Acrobat Android users