Company: Schneider Electric
The graduate engineer trainee shall be responsible for completing all tasks assigned by the supervisor, assisting other engineers with project activities and should take initiatives and come up with original ideas. Should have a growth mindset, commitment, eager to learn and work with other team members.
- Should have the basic understanding of programmable logic controllers, distributed control systems, Safety systems, Fire & Gas systems, IIoT and Industry 4.0
- Should aware of industry standards and practices (e.g., ISA standards) that apply to control system design.
- Should have firm and increasing understanding of process control concepts and techniques.
- Should understand networking devices & components like ethernet switches, Fiber optic switches, firewalls etc.,
- Should understand the various industrial communication protocols like Modbus, Profibus, HART, FF etc.,
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attitude to work effectively as an individual & in team environment and shall be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A growth mindset and a commitment to lifelong learning & willingness to accept criticism
Willing to travel for site commissioning activities depending upon the project requirements
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism and diligence
- Understanding project requirements and completing all duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Participating in meetings and attending workshops and other training initiatives
- Should design, implement, and test a wide range of I/O (HART, Modbus, FF, Profibus etc.), basic control functions, interlocks, sequences, operator interface and other control components on DCS and PLC.
- Documenting the project control and safety functions, presenting them to the customer and get approval.
- Preparing simulations, test scenarios, test documentation, and participates in customer Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Actively participates in project meetings, discussion with customers, visiting sites and supporting commissioning activities
- Should be able to troubleshoot the control and communication problems between different systems during FAT and at site.
- Compiles and maintains project databases, configuration data, or other project information.
- Compiles data and prepares reports for various activities such as customer proposals, FEED studies, project design documents, FAT and SAT procedures etc.
- Shall be capable to identify technical opportunities and economic justification for control system improvements and communicates those to the Project Manager and/or Sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- Should have a minimum 65% of Marks or 6.5 CGP