A high-performance servo drive system is now available, comprising a precise servo drive, powerful motors, and user-friendly cables, all offering high dynamic performance.
Siemens has launched a new servo drive system Sinamics S200, which the company claims to be designed for a variety of standard applications in battery, electronics, and other industries. The servo drive system includes a precise servo drive, powerful motors, and user-friendly cables, offering high dynamic performance. The new servo drive system claims to be particularly advantageous for applications that demand speed and torque accuracy, such as battery manufacturing and cell assembly winding and unwinding machines. The system includes a servo converter and motor and features integrated machine safety functions.
According to the company’s claim, the flexible servo drive system is scalable and covers a power range of 0.1 – 1kW (200V) and 0.2 – 7kW (400V). The system can be combined with low, medium, or high inertia motors and utilizes standard or high dynamic cables based on the application. Additionally, the system’s compact design saves up to 30 percent of space in the control cabinet and allows for optimal device arrangement.
The press release highlights that the servo drive system, when paired with other higher-level controllers, the motion control system becomes resilient, high-performing, and forward-thinking, with the simple operation made possible through Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) Portal integration, one-button tuning function, and an integrated web server. The servo drive system finds its main applications in machines for packaging, pick & place handling, wood and ceramics processing, digital printing, and more. The company claims that a single cable connects all motors and frequency converters in the servo system, transferring power, connecting the encoder, and controlling the brake without requiring special tools for connection.
Some of the technical specifications of the servo drive system include:
- Power range : AC 200 – 240 V / 0.1 kW – 4.2 kW, AC 380 – 480 V / 0.4 kW – 7 kW
- Communication : PROFINET IRT, PROFIsafe, PROFIenergy
- Safety functions : STO, SBC, SS1-t, SS1*, SS2*, SOS*, SLS*, SSM*, SDI*, SLA*, SBT*
- DC-link coupling : Optional, only for 3 AC devices
- EMC filter : Integrated (1 AC 230 V: Class C2 / 3 AC 400 V: Class C3); external EMC filters are also available as an option
- Motor connection technology : One-cable connection technology (OCC) with SPEED-CONNECT quick-release lock and rotatable, compact connector
For more information, click here.