- Littelfuse’s PPTCs have been designed for enabling electronics designers to reduce the size of mobile and wearable products
- At the same time, the battery management IC is protected from electrical over-stress
Littelfuse has launched a new series of Polymeric Positive Temperature Coefficient (PPTC) devices designed for the next-generation consumer electronics to become smaller and more reliable.
The PolySwitch® zeptoSMDC series provides robust overcurrent and overvoltage protection on the signal lines for both the lithium-ion battery pack ICs and fuel gauge. These PPTC devices are for high voltage (13 VDC) applications and ideal for designing increasingly small mobile and wearable product designs such as:
- Notebook PCs, Tablets and e-Readers
- Wearables (Smartwatches, Fitness Trackers)
- Wireless speakers
- Portable game players
- Portable medical equipment
- Mobile point-of-sale (POS)
- Saves PCB space due to small 0201 size footprint.
- Helps protect battery monitor IC from electrical over-stress.
- Resets to normal operation after fault is cleared.
“The zeptoSMDC is smaller than any currently available components in its class,” said Jin Xu, Product Manager at Littelfuse. “This enables electronics designers to more easily reduce the overall size of their portable, mobile and wearable products while providing exceptional protection for the battery fuel gauge and battery management IC.”
The zeptoSMDC series PPTC devices are available in small 0201 surface-mount sizes in tape and reel format. Samples can be obtained through authorised Littelfuse distributors worldwide.