The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer Power Electronics Hardware emobility based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, and wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
The incumbent will be working on the design & development, simulation, and testing of power electronic converters: Inverters, DCDC converters, On-board chargers; analog, digital, and power circuits including microprocessors/controllers, DSPs, gate drivers, sensor interfaces, and SMPS for Inverters, DCDC converters complying with Eaton’s design and PRO Launch process.
The incumbent shall work with to work with cross-functional global/local teams, and coordinate multi-disciplined engineering teams from electrical system requirements understanding to implementation while working closely with technical experts and other engineers.
- Performs design, simulation, and implementation of different types of power electronic converters: Inverters, DCDC converters, and Onboard chargers. Optimization studies of different converter topologies with respect to losses, device sizing, and selection.
Design of analog and digital electronics including microprocessors/controllers, DSPs, gate drivers, sensor interfaces, and SMPS for power conversion and protection.
- Designing, developing, and testing power electronics platforms and systems for power distribution applications in hybrid and electric vehicles
- Should be able to work on digital Communication protocols like CAN, RS232, SPI, I2C, etc. Should handle hardware system design including end-to-end product development involving complex analog & digital circuit design with 16/32 /64-bit microcontrollers based designs, development, and launch support. Interface with Business Unit (BU) engineers to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications
- Collaborate with mechanical, layout, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the designs up to and including certification and product launch. Utilizes the support of model-based development processes, automated testing, verification & validation tools.
- Ability to Analyze and predict design performance using Simulation tools, Analytical Skills, etc. Ensure Design Robustness through the application of DFSS Methodology identifying and meeting CTQs, Ability to generate subsystem and system level P Diagrams, FMEA. Should use DFSS tools & preferably Green Belt Certified.
- Minimum 2 years of related engineering experience in power electronics designs and product development.
- Experience in analyzing, designing, and testing different topologies of power electronics converters (inverters, dc-dc converters)
- Through understanding and experience in gate driver circuits, analysis, and optimization for IGBT and MOSFETs
- Hands-on experience with power converter development and testing and with control strategies of electric drives for traction or DCDC converters
- Experience in hardware system design including end-to-end product development involving analog & digital circuit design with 16/32 /64-bit microcontroller-based designs, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification testing, and launch support.
- Exposure / Hands-on experience with Digital Communication protocols like CAN, LIN, RS232, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Modeling, simulation, and analysis experience with tools like Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, PSIM tools
- Through understanding, experience, and strong knowledge of EMI / EMC standards
- Should have strong knowledge of DFSS tools & preferably Green Belt Certified
- Drive & track OTD, CTQ maturity, FPY & QOS on key growth programs
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in designing, developing, and testing analog, digital, and power circuits