Good understanding of complete ASIC design flow.
Good understanding of one or more of:
- Sign-off timing/STA
- Sign-off gate level power
Working knowledge of HDL languages. Good communication and debugging skills. Good
TCL and Perl scripting knowledge is a plus.
Provides technical support to Synopsys customers and field engineers. Helps to resolve issues related to Synopsys products during design.
Support process includes:
- Reproducing customer scenarios on internal testcases
- Providing workarounds for product bugs.
- Help in adoption of Synopsys products and features by the customers
- Documenting the solutions and publishing solutions
- May be involved in customer training.
Provides solutions for issues covering
- Product defects
- Interoperability between different domains and tools etc..
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance issues to R&D.
- Reports customer’s new requirement as enhancements to R&D
- Follow up with the customer and R&D for the closure of the issues