Company: Hitachi Energy
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Field Service Engineering work is focused on providing technical advice to customers including commissioning, installing, and testing of products/equipment including: Identifying and correcting more complex problems associated with start-up. Researching, evaluating, and recommending new products or equipment upgrades that will meet customer needs. Developing on-going relationships with customers to secure future business. May resolve/troubleshoot implementation problems and/or train customers on the features of the equipment they have purchased An Experienced Professional (P2) applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May require the following proficiency: Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
Act as Regional Field Service Engineer for Power Quality Projects with medium to high complexity. Ensure completion of all Field Service Activities efficiently, in accordance with Hitachi Energy’s Field Quality Plan, Contract Specifications, Quality & Safety Requirements.
Deliver excellent customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other Hitachi Energy teams, take actions to identify new service business opportunities (Field Power Quality Services) for Hitachi Energy.
- Technical contribution to planning and implementation of field services such problem identification, field service activities at site. Supports and coordinates the service activities with the Installation Supervisor / Site Manager/ Customer. Service delivery performs medium to high complex service tasks issue identification, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, repair independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through on-site activity in different Field Service categories.
- Studying and understanding the project contract specification. Planning and control the overall site field service activities to meet the deadline to the customer’s fullest satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifies new sales opportunities and takes influence in convincing the client for the complete service portfolio.
- Risk and opportunity Conducts risk and opportunity assessments to ensure implementation of field service plan, identifies and reports potential risks related to contract/quality/program/cost and recommends resolutions to management. Initiates and monitors risk mitigation plan in one’s area of responsibility and ensures stakeholders are updated on associated technical risks.
- Conducts Safety Observation tour regularly to report and mitigate potential HSE hazards. All site activities requires HSE focused approach as per Hitachi Energy’s HSE requirements. Processes such as creation of Activity Based Risk Assessment (ABRA), Job Safety Environmental Analysis (JSEA), Take 5, HSR and LSR etc. While at site, it is expected that the candidate takes up the role of PICW (Person in Charge of Work) and be responsible for electrical works onsite and need to lead a team from a safety perspective.
- Customers Coordination for site activities. Identifies and recommends new effective solutions to meet system/ customer requirements. Provides relevant information pertaining to service assignments and meetings with customer.
- Troubleshooting Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots complex equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future. Design related issues which was gathered from the past projects to be fixed properly to reduce the site man-hours at upcoming project sites.
- Product FAT inspection at vendor/supplier’s factory whenever applicable and required. Operational excellence proactively identifies suggestions for product, quality and customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes.
- Site coordination with third party testing agencies/service Engineers at site as and when required.
- Processes and tools Uses standard processes to ensure all site activities comply with required safety regulations, contractual requirements, and international standards.
- Lesson learnt and RCA to be prepared for the incident which is related to field services needs to be circulated among the relevant stakeholders/ team members.
- Processes and Tools Consistently applies functional processes considering links with other teams.
- Engineering/Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- 3+ years (Substations, Power Quality/ FACTS Field Services (Problem Identification, Installation, Testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning, maintenance, extensions, replacements, upgrades and retrofit, end of life service etc.)