The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: Collins Aerospace
B.E in Electronics Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Process Engineering / Electrical Engineering with 1-2 years of relevant experience in manufacturing industry.
- Work as part of a Project team along with multiple functions at various geographical locations to set up a full functional product line
- Responsible for working with Engineering / Design team to understand new products being introduced or transitioned from other facilities into the production floor. Provide input to designs for manufacturability and testability, if required.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Create process flows, process requirements (jigs, fixtures, equipment’s, machines, consumables etc.), and manufacturing work instruction for the new product.
- Define Material Masters, Bill of Materials and routings in SAP and validate the same with drawing requirements.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Lead production floor layout design workshops to define facility requirements for setting up the product line.
- Work with Engineering / Design teams to define specifications, requirements, drawings for jigs / fixtures / equipment / machines required for the product line.
- Co-ordinate with Supply Chain to identify procurement sources, interact with vendors for the procurement, installation, verification and validation of all items required for setting up the product line
- Perform capacity analysis to define the resources required for meeting customer demand volumes.
- Train and develop recruited operators to desired level of skill and competency
Co-ordinate with multiple functions like Procurement, Quality, Planning etc. to ensure product line readiness to build prototypes, First Articles, and ramp up production until the product line meets the required level of output in terms of delivery and Quality and hand over to Production function.
- Interact with US counterparts / customers to understand requirements, to report out project status etc.
Strong knowledge of Electronic Devices, drawings, specifications and industry standards.
Experience in Blueprint reading, Technical writing, Manufacturing tool design, Industrial or occupational safety, Manufacturing process design and analysis
Strong knowledge of Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information
Experience in Aerospace Industry will be desirable.
Relevant experience in SAP ERP system.
Awareness of Lean Manufacturing principles and implementation tools / Six Sigma tools / Statistical Process Control tools.
Good communication skills, self-motivator, leadership and supervision qualities