- Advertisement -
Looking for a dynamic engineer to develop machine electronic systems for Caterpillar machines.
- Clearly understand the requirements of the machine electronic systems based on discussions with the various product teams.
- Develop electronic architecture diagrams, feature list and the software specification documents based on the requirements.
- Support peer teams to develop and review the electrical schematics.
- Independently think and conceptualize open/closed loop machine controls and progressively help implement them in embedded or industrial automation software. Drive commonality and leverage best practices as required.
- Create feature boundary diagrams, execute FMEA’s and develop Design Verification Plans (DVP’s).
- Collaborate and review the machine feature in development with the internal process partners.
- Actively run/participate in Built In Quality (BIQ) meetings. Proactively support the product groups in achieving their Months in Service (MIS) Quality goals.
- Support pilot/prototype and production builds. Also, help with on machine validation in the proving grounds and during the customer field trials as required.
- Act as a point of contact for any queries related to the electronics/software from the product support or CPI teams.
- Advertisement -
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechatronics/Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- At least 6 years hands on experience in designing and developing electronics control systems for automotive, industrial or off highway products.
- Ability to write good technical specifications.
- Very good basics in controls systems, E&E components like sensors, switches, etc.,
- Good understanding of diagnostics and troubleshooting of failure in control systems.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills since the role requires constant interaction with the regional and global development teams.
Good to Have
- Electro mechanical or electro hydraulics systems.
- Datalink protocols like CAN J1939, Ethernet TCP/IP etc.,
- Version control tools like GIT/GIT Hub, SVN, etc.,
- Basic programming languages like C/C++ etc., or MathWorks Simulink.
- Azure DevOps or other Work Flow Management Tools