Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space.
Another key differentiator at Honeywell is our focus on continuous improvement and on architecture, design, and quality. The Platform CoE is chartered with leading the effort toward realizing greater software development efficiency and improved software quality throughout Aerospace organization. To drive these initiatives, the Platform CoE has highly talented individuals to drive software architecture, design, best practices, for platform design and development across aero products. The Platform CoE performs design, development and Level A certification of the Boot, Platform Abstraction Layer (PAL), Device Drivers, Middleware IO and network/communication stacks etc.,
The candidate needs to have strong embedded platform technical skills, be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal), and work as team member in a global team.
The candidate must have demonstrated skills/abilities in the following: Expert in Platform Middleware software (IO/BITE/RM) design, requirement and code (C, C++) development on Deos/Linux/Wind River operating environment in compliance to various DO-178C levels, with knowledge of certification documents, capability to manage competing priorities; drives and meets stretch goals; develops and implements action plans to meet project objectives.
- Platform Middleware(IO/RM/BITE) software design and development/update including but not limited to ICD processing, ABD0100 and associated Compliance Matrix.
- Drive Certification activities and Certification document creation.
- Ability to deal with complex technical problems and develop solutions.
- Able to perform the above responsibilities with no supervision.
- Generate new ideas and participate in initiatives around Avionics Platforms.
- BE/ME in Computer Science or Electronics.
- Minimum of 5+ years Real Time Embedded Software development experience.
- Expertise in design and development of I/O protocols (ARINC 429, A664, etc.,) and network/communication stack.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong personal leadership abilities and ability to handle multiple activities/priorities effectively.
- Action oriented, results driven, high energy, self starter/drive.
- Innovative with new approaches to design work.
- Influential with peers and customers and demonstrate critical thinking