You will participate in all the development stages from concept to parts in production. You need to fulfill the quality, cost and feature targets for the part/component and plan for needed activities. In this position, you will have a diversified workload, the ability to work with suppliers, manufacturing, and within significant product development cycles. The job requires creating a good network within and also outside the company on a local and global base, therefore your ability to understand and accept cultural differences as well as seeing the benefits with working in an organization where diversity is seen as an asset.
- Serves as an engineer within BIW domain requiring limited direction and supervision
- Responsible for design and development activities related to new and existing products.
- Works with all departments within the company to insure that product specifications, performance, durability, safety, quality, cost and manufacturing requirements are met.
- Work with suppliers to coordinate prototyping activities and to insure design expectations are met.
- Conduct regular design reviews to assure that designs meet required specifications.
- To develop, maintain & communicate a common way of working concerning a clear & easy understandable product structure
Sheet metal Knowledge (extrusion, forming, casting etc..), metal joining process (welding, glue, rivet etc..). Ability to interpret Finite Element Analysis (Linear, Static, Crash), CAD modelling experience (Catia V5) Manufacturing automotive/truck processes knowledge, Surface Treatment knowledge (process regarding the pre-treatment, ED-coating etc) ,Vehicle regulations knowledge ( AIS, ECE), Quality tools experience (DFMEA, SFMEA, DFA, DFAm)
Conceptual Thinking Dependability/Reliability Problem-Solving/Decision-Making Attention to Detail Leadership Teamwork Flexibility Strong Communication & networking skills
- Graduate/Post Graduate engineering/science or other equivalent education
- Experience in BIW/DIW systems preferably from OEM
- Knowledge in Volvo Product and Data Management systems such as Kola and Enovia is preferable