Perform product reviews and respond to inquiries with regard to part compliance
- Write procedures and make sure that they are followed and have a closed loop.
- Provide support in the full material disclosure project, uploading forms to the environmental substance database, resolving technical issues related to substance data and supplier information
- Manage substance data information in the substance database which help managing substance information so that product designers can select parts compliant to Restrictions of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directives, Registration, Evaluation, & Authorization of Chemicals (REACH), and many other global environmental regulations.
- Work together with the rest of the Global Environmental Compliance (GEC) team to ensure that parts and products sourced and manufactured by kautex are compliant with global environmental regulations and customer requirements.
- Track regulatory compliance and understand impact to kautex products.
- 1-3 Experience in Product Environmental Compliance
- Familiar with one or more of the following: RoHS, REACH, Battery Directive, Packaging directive or WEEE.
- Bill of materials(BOM) and data management experience (PLM or SAP preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (Access a plus)
- Background in materials science and supplier management
- Background in component materials
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across various functional groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing environmental or similar database
- Familiarity with RoHS and REACH preferred