- Advertisement -
- Contribute in a centralized SI team that supports next generation cutting edge technologies.
- Responsible for delivering system level signal integrity solutions for large complex high speed systems, boards & packages
- Take ownership on all aspects of signal integrity design, ranging from design feasibility to product validation
- Develop SI rules, build on design guides & checklists, review design implementation, create test plans, document characterization & measurement reports
- Improve & optimize design margins through interconnect, timing & xtalk analysis, 3D EM & channel simulations for high speed designs
- Understand SI trade offs, impact of various aspects of system design, provide timely technical assessments & progress updates to SI Management.
- Design & characterize test structures & channel models to correlate simulations & measurements for serdes & interconnects
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as HW designers, layout Engineers, SW Engineers, MFG Engineers, ASIC Engineers, ODMs & vendors.
- Should be flexible to accommodate changing design requirements, capable to simultaneously work on multiple programs & assignments
- Team player, Technical knowledge sharing & mentoring with in the team, leverage best practices, focus on quality & continuous improvement
Preferred skills & experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electronics / Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Self-motivated, ability to contribute independently as well as in a team environment that is matrixed and spread across geography.
- Self-learner, Strong problem solving, board & system level lab bring up, debugging & characterization skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, capable of presenting concepts, analysis & updates to larger teams and forums
- Knowledge of Electromagnetics & Transmission line concepts, reflection & terminations, timing & jitter, crosstalk & noise, channel modelling & serdes equalizations, PDN & decoupling
- Familiarity with PCB stack up design, best practices, trade-offs in line geometries, PCB materials & surface finishes, vendor capabilities & Mfg process.
- Experience with lab equipments such as high bandwidth real time & sampling Oscilloscopes, phase noise analysers, TDR, VNA, spectrum analysers.
- Proficient with simulation and analysis tools like ADS, HFSS, HSPICE, Sisoft QSI, QCD, Cadence Allegro, Sigrity, PowerSI, MATLAB, etc
- Experience with common SI simulation models such as IBIS, IBIS-AMI, S-parameter, COM analysis, etc
- Knowledge of interface standards such as DDR 3/4, PCIe gen 2/3, 10GKR, SATA, XFI, XAUI, CAUI, CDAUI etc
- Experience with 56G PAM4, 25G & 10G NRZ serdes technologies – simulation, bring up, debug, measurements, optimization a plus.