- Offers fast response and reliable performance
- Ideal for portable applications including consumer electronics and power tools
Littelfuse has announced the launch of the ITV Series, a three-terminal, surface-mountable li-ion battery protector that is designed to guard against the damage caused by both overcurrent and overcharging. The innovative design provides fast response and reliable performance to interrupt the charging or discharging circuit before the battery pack becomes overcharged or overheated.
The Littelfuse ITV Series of battery protectors come with these additional benefits:
- Surface mountable form factor improves assembly efficiency.
- Low internal resistance minimizes power loss.
- UL and TUV certifications aid compliance with industry standards.
- Environment friendly – ROHS compliant and halogen-free.
This combination of robust overcurrent/overvoltage protection and surface mountable packaging can be used for li-ion battery packs in:
- Power tools
- Robotic appliances
- E-bikes and e-scooters
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- Emergency radio and eCall
“The ITV Series is an important addition to our li-ion battery protection portfolio, helping solve customer applications requiring current ratings from 12A to 45A,” said Stephen Li, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “Here’s how it works: An embedded fuse element cuts off the circuit when overcurrent issues occur. A heater element, directly embedded under the fuse element, generates enough heat to blow the fuse once overcharging is detected by IC or FET.”
The ITV Series battery protectors are now available in five compact, surface-mount packages in current ratings of 12A, 15A, 30A and 45A.