Based on Arm Cortex-M23 Core, the device series comes in a tiny package and is optimised for space-constrained, IoT endpoint applications
Offering a unique combination of extremely low power consumption and a set of peripherals for IoT endpoint applications is the new 48-MHz RA2E2 Group by Renesas Electronics Corporation, which is based on the latest Arm Cortex-M23 core. The RA2E2 Group MCUs address the demanding needs of IoT endpoint applications, including wearables, medical devices, appliances and industrial automation.
They consume low operating power of only 81uA/MHz in active mode with a software standby current of only 200nA that gives a fast wakeup. The new devices also support an extremely wide temperature range of Ta = -40/+125°C for harsh IoT operating environments. The RA2E2 Group supports an I3C bus interface and integrates cost-saving peripheral functions, including an on-chip oscillator with a precision of +/-1%, power-on reset and low voltage detector, EEPROM, and a temperature sensor.
RA2E2 MCU Group
The RA2E2 Group includes nine different devices, spanning from 16-pin to 24-pin packages and from 16KB to 64KB of flash memory along with 8KB of SRAM. Unlike other low-pin count devices, the RA2E2 MCU Group also includes 2KB of data flash memory.
The RA2E2 Group are the only MCUs in their class to offer an I3C bus interface, delivering high-speed communications of 4.6 Mbps while significantly reducing power consumption. The RA2E2 Group delivers leading security features as well, including a cryptography accelerator (AES256/128), a True Random Number Generator (TRNG) and memory protection units.
Key Features of the RA2E2 Group
- 48 MHz Arm Cortex-M23 CPU core
- Integrated flash memory options from 16KB to 64KB; 8KB RAM, and 2K data flash
- Package options from a tiny 16-WLCSP to 20- and 24-pin QFN
- Low power operation: 81uA/MHz in active mode with a software standby current of only 200nA with fast wakeup
- I3C bus interface for higher communication speed
- Support for wide temperature range: Ta = -40/+125°C for harsh IoT operating environments
- Security features including cryptography accelerator, TRNG and memory protection units
- Wide operating voltage range of 1.6V to 5.5V
- System costs reduction features
- High precision (+/- 1.0%), high-speed on-chip oscillator
- Power-on reset and Low Voltage detector
- High current drive port and 5V tolerant I/O
- Temperature sensor
Renesas has combined the RA2E2 MCUs and other RA MCUs with complementary analogue and power offerings to create Winning Combinations that speed design cycles and reduce customer risk for various applications. Examples of Winning Combinations featuring the RA2E2 devices include the DDR5 Gaming DIMM Solution for addressable LED control, among others.
“We see increasing demand for 32-bit MCUs in low-pin-count IoT endpoint applications, and the RA2E2 Group addresses that market need with the right features and performance,” said Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in the IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas. “Our RA family now offers solutions from 16- to 176-pins and from 48- to 200-MHz performance, all supported by our FSP that enables easy and fast transition of design IP between different devices.”
Available in a tiny, space-saving packaging option, including a tiny 16-pin WLCSP (Wafer Level Chip Scale Package) and measuring only 1.87 mm x 1.84 mm, the RA2E2 Group is available now. To help engineers get started, Renesas also offers the EK-RA2E2 Evaluation Kit.
Thank you for a nice writing as i like and agree with every word
Thank You for your valuable feedback.