- Optimized for low losses and high efficiency
- Suited for renewable energy and electric vehicle charging
SemiQ Inc. announces the release of 1700V 5 Amp SiC Schottky Diode. These diodes are optimized for power conversion applications where low losses and high efficiency are critical including renewable energy, electric vehicle charging, uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), solar power and fuel cell power systems.
Other features are:
- Unipolar rectifier with surge current
- Zero reverse recovery current
- Fast, temperature-independent switching
- Avalanche tested to 145mJ
Michael T. Robinson, SemiQ President states that, “This 1700V Silicon Carbide Schottky Diode is the latest extension to our Gen 3 product family which was introduced in 2019. This platform was designed and built for reliability and ruggedness. It features dual layer chip passivation with over 12 million device hours of HTRB and H3TRB. Packaged devices are 100% avalanche tested in production ensuring even greater device ruggedness.”
With this launch, the company aims to introduce 10A and 20A 1700V diodes to be launched soon.
The GP3D005A170B diode comes in the industry standard TO-247-2 package as well as bare die format.