Teledyne FLIR Defense, a division of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (NYSE:TDY), has released a new Lightweight Vehicle Surveillance System (LVSS) with innovative air domain awareness (ADA) and enhanced counter-unmanned aerial system (C-UAS) capabilities. The LVSS ADA C-UAS is an improved version of Teledyne FLIR’s field-proven LVSS platform, which includes reliable, quickly deployable, cutting-edge technologies for detecting and mitigating the growing threat of tiny drones.
To give early warning alerts and recognition, the new system uses a strong combination of 3D radar, EO/IR camera, and RF detection and mitigation sensors. Threats are recognised and displayed concurrently, with all radar tracks showing their position and height.
The LVSS ADA C-UAS can also identify drone swarms by letting operators to simultaneously monitor up to 500 radar targets. A multi-spectral imager captures crucial UAS elements that aid in the identification of high-risk targets so that a precise reaction may be delivered.
“Protecting vast borders, shorelines, and forward-operating bases is a job that’s been made even more difficult with the challenges posed by drones,” says Dr. JihFen Lei, executive vice president and general manager of Teledyne FLIR Defense. “The LVSS C-UAS combines sophisticated counter-drone technologies and counter-measures to make it the most effective mobile surveillance system available to combat these dangers.
“Our customers trust us for solutions like the new LVSS that adapt to fast changing threat environments and offer more of the capabilities they need for mission success,” Lei adds.
The LVSS ADA C-UAS also has the following significant features:
- Perimeter protection that can be quickly deployed, stowed, and redeployed thanks to the system’s ability to deploy, store, and redeploy the sensor suite.
- High-performance video analytics that enable operators to precisely identify, track, and engage threats.
- On-the-go C-UAS countermeasures with full non-kinetic kill chain capability; operators can get threat evaluations while the system is stationary or while driving the vehicle.
- All onboard sensors are integrated into the new CameleonTM V5 command and control software, which now enables advanced device capabilities and bi-directional communications.
- Improved cyber security technologies to fend off hackers.