Company: General Electric
Job Description Summary
The role of Control engineer is to perform DCS activity within India and abroad. Engineer should be capable to handle & perform the design activity, database configuration, relay integration, system validation and commissioning activity. The delivery of project should be with high quality standard.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform database configuration with GE system.
- Perform FAT and SAT activity with worldwide units.
- Perform design activity for various project.
- Perform system & database validation before the project delivery.
- Should have a good knowledge of GE relays.
- Work with the team for achieving a high level of automation in testing by promoting different innovations from the team.
- Reviewing detailed functional and technical specifications.
- Reviewing GE Grid Automation products, applications and system instruction manuals, technical presentations, and end-user training material.
- Work with Customer Support personnel to resolve customer issues
- Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve manufacturing, products, applications, or field issues
- Assist in preparing training material and deliver training courses, where required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics & Communication, with a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience
- Hands on experience in validating and testing of substation automation products and solutions
- Hands on experience of various relay integration.
- Knowledge of GE system (e.g. DS Agile system,D25, D400 etc.) is added advantage.
- Knowledge of serial SCADA protocols (e.g. DNP3, IEC 60870-5-101, 103, Modbus)
- Knowledge of LAN-based SCADA protocols (e.g. IEC 61850-8-1, DNP3/TCP, IEC 60870-5-104, Modbus TCP)
- Thorough knowledge of all parts of IEC 61850 standard for communication networks and systems in power substations. Familiarity with communications practices and procedures of electrical utilities.
- Detailed knowledge of Ethernet networking; wired / wireless and Switch technologies
- Strong organizational, communication skills and a proactive / open approach to conflict resolution
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change and modification of tasks, display initiative
Able to share ideas and work well in a team environment.
- Working Knowledge of DS Agile Software is preferred
- Good analytical skills with ability to identify and explain critical issues.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior engineering experience is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong operational effectiveness and accountability.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.