- Advertisement -
Company: General Electric
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Essential responsibilities includes design, electrical analysis, testing and validation of high voltage power products mainly in current transformer, voltage transformer
- Provide the technical supports to engineering team/ product execution team/process team for assigned projects using Engineering best practices & principles.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to understand and solve the technical requirements based on customer specifications and ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the requirement of customer.
- Execute the new design changes / new components validations as per engineering standards & Regulations with cross functional teams
- Develop action plans with cross functional teams to implement the new products / new projects issues/ problems
- Identifying and developing new opportunities to reduce the cost of the assigned products / projects and Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems.
- Conduct necessary electrical design analysis of high voltage power products and perform necessary simulations (ANSYS, Maxwell’s, ELECNET, MAGNET or other tools as applicable) if necessary to reduce iterations during manufacturing.
- Develop test cases, methodologies, tools, measurement systems required for testing the new components / proto type
- Developing good documentation as per NPI /Gate process to achieve required level of verification & validation for product design or changes with right level of quality.
- Ready to work on different types of projects like Advanced Technology Development (ATD), New Product Introduction (NPI), Design transfer, Productivity and Reliability projects
- Participate and present the technical clarifications and program reviews with cross functional team
- Contribute towards Product cost out actions for all products
- Bachelor’s Degree in /Electrical/EEE or equivalent form a reputed institute 0-3 years of relevant domain experience OR ME with 0-3 years of experience in High voltage engineering/ Power system engineering domain
- Strong knowledge on high voltage power products mainly in instrument transformers, power transformers, shunt and series reactors.
- Good knowledge on Design, manufacturing and testing of high voltage power apparatus
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Should possess good oral and written communication skills, Analytical abilities, passion for technology and excellence
- Ability to work with global teams & possess excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively within and between teams and as Individual
Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrix environment.
- Design / R & D experience in high voltage power products / new product development
- knowledge on design and manufacturing of instrument transformer is an added advantage
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team